Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Life

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.Academic Disclaimer: This blog is a class project for my Visual Anthropology class; as such it is for educational purposes only. All photos posted here are taken by myself unless otherwise noted. Hatsune Miku is a product of Vocaloid and SEGA.


There are so many ways to entertain myself in my neighbourhood I often find it hard to have a truly productive weekend. If you find fun productive, than sure..I'm a super hard worker! I like to hang out around Sunshine City and Sunshine Street for the most part; this is for the arcades, gacha gacha, cafes and fashion. This is what an average (leisurely) weekend is like for me!

カップのフチコ(Cup no Fuchiko) climbing into my mouth,

I went to Animate near Sunshine Street to check for any new Kuroshitsuji goods and look at some fun fashion and art magazines and I found a whole magazine dedicated to Cup no Fuchiko! Inside there were bunches of photos taken by Fuchiko fans of her posing on flower petals and hanging out of noses and sitting in cups floating in the water, etc. It came with a special Fuchiko who, instead of wearing one solid color plus white undergarments, is wearing two and has a little red heart on her pink vest. I wanted to take my own photo for the book! 
With my friend Donguri at 299 Ikebukuro. He's taking
a cat nap. Haha.
I went to go see my friend Donguri (Donguri means "acorn) at 299 (nikukyu) to do some studying, look at my magazines and play with the kitties; however, not much studying got accomplished. It was a Sunday and there are so many guests that Donguri and many of the other 16 resident felines were quite sleepy. 
Car advertising Hatsune Miku Snow
Princess.
On my way back home I stopped at Family Mart for some yummy coffee and nikuman (manjyu with meaty insides) and next to Family Mart I saw this really cool car advertising Hatsune Miku! It had so many Miku nuigurumi (plushies) in the front window! (It doesn't have a real license plate number so I thought it would be O.K. to snap a photo and post it here!) I get to see many advertisement trucks and cars living in Ikebukuro, but this one is a favorite! What a relaxing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment